YUSEN LOGISTICS CO., LTD
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sr. Logistics Agent
at YUSEN LOGISTICS CO., LTD
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Regular Full-Time
Work Week: Monday - Friday, 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM. Ocassional overtime may be required.
The Senior Logistics Agent is responsible for receiving, storing and maintaining inventory as well as arranging for domestic and/or international transport of a client’s commodity from a warehouse to the client’s specified destination.
The Agent will also assist and support the branch Supervisor and other Logistics Agents in department operations and is responsible for handling and assisting with the most crucial accounts in the Logistics department.
- Maintain inventory of a client’s commodity in the warehouse.
- Resolve discrepancies between items received, stored and shipped.
- Make necessary trucking arrangements for shipping client’s merchandise.
- Calculate handling, receiving and shipping charges and billing for customers.
- Prepare and process shipping documents (bill of lading, shipper’s instructions, Certificates of origin).
- Provide excellent customer service and meet client’s requirement.
- Manage the customs process with our customs broker and insure that our freight delivers on time to our customers.
- Assist with supervisor with duties such as double checking shipments, labels and other shipping documents as well as with special projects.
- Select which trucking company to use by pricing out and arranging quotes.
- Assist department operations when supervisor is not available.
- Train new Logistics Agent(s) on SOP(s).
- Support other projects and assessments as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 3 years of related logistics experience in a related environment (directly related administrative experience may also be considered in lieu of logistics experience).
Bi-Lingual Spanish a plus but not required.
- Prior experience in a leadership/senior level position, preferred.
- Employee must be comfortable working on logistics assignments in a warehouse environment.
- Ability to train other Logistics Agent(s) on SOP(s)
- Ability to communicate professionally in verbal and in written format with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Works with utmost honesty and integrity.
- Ability to utilize Windows operating system and Microsoft software applications including Word, Excel, and Outlook 365, etc. to produce reports and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work being performed. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Yusen offers a generous Employee Benefits Package including:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision beginning the 1st of the month following start date.
- 401k with a company match.
- Flexible Spending Accounts, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance, Short & Long Term Disability, Tuition Assistance Program, Commuter Benefits, vacation, and much more.
Any and all benefits offered are subject to the eligibility requirements, terms, and provisions set forth in the respective policies and plan documents, which you may request from Human Resources.
About Yusen Logistics (Americas)
As a part of the NYK Group, Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. operates a network that provides specialization in key logistics products to include International Freight Forwarding, Integrated Solutions (Customized Logistics) and Contract Logistics services, along with transportation solutions all while providing complete and seamless US wide coverage. For more information, please visit our website at www.yusen-logistics.com.
Yusen Logistics (Americas) Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, citizenship status, uniform service member status, age, disability, sexual and gender orientation, genetic information or any other protected status in accordance with all applicable federal, state and local laws. This commitment extends to all aspects of the company’s employment practices including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, promoting, transferring, compensation, benefits, training, leaves of absence, termination, and other terms and conditions of employment.
<P class=x_x_x_MsoSubtitle style="TEXT-ALIGN: left; MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt" align=left><FONT color=#ffffff>JILPOST</FONT></P>