Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor - Paralegal
at Vista College
Vista College is currently hiring for an Adjunct Paralegal Instructor at our El Paso campus.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at www.vistacollege.edu
Our customer-driven employees are what set us apart. Each teacher, administrator, and staff member is essential to providing excellent service and producing graduates the business community would be pleased to employ. The optimal Business Administration Instructor candidate will be responsible for teaching students general applicable business skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Present curriculum as stated in the course syllabus based on state and federal accreditation criteria.
• Prepare each course prior to the first day of class and report any issues to the Director of Education. This includes:
•Respond to students within 48 hours of initial contact.
•Administer and evaluate graded material based upon course objectives.
•Maintaining student satisfaction and retention
• Participate on the discussion board with responses to all student’s initial posts within 48 hours with substantive content along with additional posts that will enhance the learning experience.
• Call students who are absent for one week or more and submit written reports of pertinent information to the Program Director/Director of Education/Student Services Coordinator.
• Participate to maintain up-to-date curriculum.
• Participate as directed in bi-annual program advisory board meetings.
• Complete new instructor training and participate in departments meetings, graduation, and other trainings as needed or requested.
• Maintain professional certification as required by the field.
• Maintain accurate attendance, evaluation records, and grades, and submit according to campus guidelines.
• Observe netiquette rules and act professionally in accordance with expectations as outlined in the employee handbook.
• Meet deadlines as assigned.
• Maintain student confidentiality as outlined by FERPA regulations.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Qualifications include, but are not limited to…
• 4+ years hands on experience in the Paralegal area – preferably in a law firm
• Associates Degree or higher
• Experience should include drafting of discovery requests and responses, pleadings, heavy client communication, trial preparation and attendance.
• Exceptional social and customer focused skills
• Ability to sufficiently read, write, and speak the English language
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/classroom work environment.
- May be required to travel to different sites according to class schedules.
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or walk for entire class periods (approx. 4.5 hours at one time).
Job Openings by Campus locations:
At Vista College, our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. Our smaller class sizes allow students to receive personalized attention, and our emphasis on hands-on learning help students develop real-world experience that they can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams
Do you have an affinity for helping others make progress in their lives? Do you want to work in an environment committed to intellectual curiosity and lifelong education? Vista College may be just the place for you!
In a word, people are what set Vista College apart. Our teachers, administrators and support staff are the backbone of our success, and why we have endured in the competitive field of continuing education for over a quarter of a century. As a member of the Vista College family, you are an essential part of an operation committed to helping individuals better their lives through ongoing education that creates new opportunities.
Our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. We maintain smaller class sizes so students receive personalized attention from our knowledgeable instructors. And, our emphasis on hands-on learning helps students develop real-world experience that can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams.
To learn more about our team of professionals, join our Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?