Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor - IT
at Vista College
Vista College is currently hiring for an Adjunct IT Instructor at our El Paso campus.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at www.vistacollege.edu
Conducts training classes by presenting hardware, software, operating systems, networking systems, server configurations, networking administration, and job-specific processes, procedures, and protocols. Evaluates training by measuring laboratory performance; written examinations, and group projects.
Other Job Duties include:
• Provide classroom and/or Lab instruction
• Participate in the development or classroom projects and group activities
• Counsels students on deficiencies in academic and behavior, and completed documentation within required time
• Provides student tutoring as needed.
• Provides information on unresolved students issues and performance deficiencies for subsequent intervention and follow-up with Administration as needed.
Networking Knowledge, Network Protocols, Training Management, People Skills, Presentation Skills, Presenting Technical Information, Verbal Communication, Motivating Others, Professionalism
The candidate must have extensive knowledge of CompTIA A+, Network+ & MCTS/MCP certifications to be considered for the position. Some teaching experience will be advantageous.
Preferred Skills and Experience needed:
Any advanced certifications will be considered a plus: Windows Server 2008-2016 Active Directory Configuration, Win 2008-2016 Network Infrastructure, Win 2008-2016 Application Infrastructure, Win 2008-2016 Enterprise Admin.
• Ability to be highly organized, & detail oriented
• Excellent persuasive communication skills
• Ability to interact effectively and professionally with students, staff and faculty
• Consistently display the highest levels of integrity
• Exceptional social and customer focused
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/classroom work environment.
- May be required to travel to different sites according to class schedules.
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or walk for entire class periods (approx. 4.5 hours at one time).
Job Openings by Campus locations:
At Vista College, our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. Our smaller class sizes allow students to receive personalized attention, and our emphasis on hands-on learning help students develop real-world experience that they can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams
Do you have an affinity for helping others make progress in their lives? Do you want to work in an environment committed to intellectual curiosity and lifelong education? Vista College may be just the place for you!
In a word, people are what set Vista College apart. Our teachers, administrators and support staff are the backbone of our success, and why we have endured in the competitive field of continuing education for over a quarter of a century. As a member of the Vista College family, you are an essential part of an operation committed to helping individuals better their lives through ongoing education that creates new opportunities.
Our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. We maintain smaller class sizes so students receive personalized attention from our knowledgeable instructors. And, our emphasis on hands-on learning helps students develop real-world experience that can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams.
To learn more about our team of professionals, join our Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?