Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Instructor - Construction Tech
at Vista College
Vista College is currently hiring a full time Construction Tech Instructor for our El Paso, Texas campus.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at www.vistacollege.edu.
Under general supervision, plans and implements curriculum and educational programs for students within the program.
Communicates class content to students so that learning occurs, skills are developed, and students are motivated to learn and
achieve their educational objectives.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Develops the syllabus for each course assigned based on accreditation and department criteria. The syllabus is to include
learning objectives expressed in behavioral terms.
2. Distributes the syllabus to the Director of Education, the Program Director and to each student at the first scheduled class
3. Teaches the depth and scope of class materials as outlined in the syllabus and catalog and relates the instruction to careers and
4. Prepare and grades examinations based upon course objectives, published exam schedule, and returns all assignments in a
5. Prepares lesson plan and materials prior to each class
6. Implements evaluation for outcomes assessment, and achieves established results while maintaining college standards of
7. Works creatively in all classes taught to discourage student withdrawal and maintain satisfactory retention.
8. Begin and end each class at the designated times, providing a full period of instruction.
9. Leaves the classroom or laboratory clean, organized, and ready for the next user.
10. Identifies students requiring additional academic assistance and provides tutoring
11. Submits, at the designated time, final grades for all students on the class roster.
12. Accurately maintains attendance records in accordance with the Attendance Policy, submits class roster daily, maintains a
separate record of attendance and grades that is clearly labeled and turned in at the end of the term.
13. Calls all students who are absent and submits written reports of pertinent information to the Program Director.
14. Attends faculty meetings, in-service meetings, graduation and other college events as required by the College.
15. Dresses professionally in accordance with faculty dress code.
16. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Job Openings by Campus locations:
At Vista College, our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. Our smaller class sizes allow students to receive personalized attention, and our emphasis on hands-on learning help students develop real-world experience that they can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams
Do you have an affinity for helping others make progress in their lives? Do you want to work in an environment committed to intellectual curiosity and lifelong education? Vista College may be just the place for you!
In a word, people are what set Vista College apart. Our teachers, administrators and support staff are the backbone of our success, and why we have endured in the competitive field of continuing education for over a quarter of a century. As a member of the Vista College family, you are an essential part of an operation committed to helping individuals better their lives through ongoing education that creates new opportunities.
Our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. We maintain smaller class sizes so students receive personalized attention from our knowledgeable instructors. And, our emphasis on hands-on learning helps students develop real-world experience that can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams.
To learn more about our team of professionals, join our Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?