Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Tech Instructor
at Vista College
Vista College is currently hiring for Substitute Electrical Technician Instructors at our El Paso, Texas campus.
To learn more about Vista College please visit our website at www.vistacollege.edu.
Our customer-driven employees are what set us apart. Each teacher, administrator, and staff member is essential to providing excellent service and producing graduates the business community would be pleased to employ. The Electrical Technician Instructor will be responsible for teaching the electrical technician program.
Key responsibilities include:
- Utilizing the training syllabus, equipment, and learning materials to give the best learning experience to our students
- Testing students to gauge their development
- Support after-class student assistance as needed
- Meeting deadlines for grade submissions and required duties
- Be a mentor to the students
- Assure company and government compliance is maintained in your classes
- Support campus initiatives
Qualifications include, but are not limited to:
- Licensed electrician with at least 5 years of field experience with transformers, motors, generators, switchgears, and/or other equipment required to power homes, businesses, and industries.
- Proven experience in the field with electrical code, concept, professionalism, and hands-on training pertaining to the electrical trade
- Excellent problem resolution skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Teaching experience a plus, but not required, will train.
- Work is normally performed in a typical interior/classroom work environment.
- May be required to travel to different sites according to class schedules.
- Light physical effort. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or walk for entire class periods (approx. 4.5 hours at one time).
Job Openings by Campus locations:
At Vista College, our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. Our smaller class sizes allow students to receive personalized attention, and our emphasis on hands-on learning help students develop real-world experience that they can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams
Do you have an affinity for helping others make progress in their lives? Do you want to work in an environment committed to intellectual curiosity and lifelong education? Vista College may be just the place for you!
In a word, people are what set Vista College apart. Our teachers, administrators and support staff are the backbone of our success, and why we have endured in the competitive field of continuing education for over a quarter of a century. As a member of the Vista College family, you are an essential part of an operation committed to helping individuals better their lives through ongoing education that creates new opportunities.
Our goal is to make our graduates successful by empowering them with the knowledge, skills and practical training needed in today’s competitive workplace. Our flexible programs fit busy lifestyles, with classes offered in the day, evening, and even online. We maintain smaller class sizes so students receive personalized attention from our knowledgeable instructors. And, our emphasis on hands-on learning helps students develop real-world experience that can leverage to get started on the career of their dreams.
To learn more about our team of professionals, join our Talent Network today!
What is a Talent Network?