University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Team Lead - IT Security Analyst
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Works with a high degree of independence in implementing and supporting enforcement of security controls for the Organization. Under Information Security Manager’s supervision provides guidance to team member on task prioritization, planning and issue resolution. Assists manager in the assignment of daily work and projects within the team. Identifies issues, risks and assists in addressing or escalating accordingly. Identifies opportunities for improvement to increase team’s effectiveness and efficiency and develop action plans working with team members and manager. Fosters cross-training among team members to eliminate single points of contact for technologies supported by the team. Serves as a technical expert for a variety of systems and coordinate major project implementations and leads junior staff. Represents manager in meetings and on issues as needed.
1. Highly effective written and oral communication skills
2. Ability to work and effectively prioritize in a highly dynamic work environment.
3. Demonstrates ability to utilize creativity, judgment and initiative in solving complex technical and project issues.
4. Knowledge of government healthcare laws and regulations pertaining to security of information to include the HIPAA guidelines.
5. Excellent interpersonal skills.
6. Excellent creative problem solving and troubleshooting techniques.
7. Excellent business and system analysis skills. Ability to translate user requirements into applicable support systems and processes that exceed end users’ expectations.
8. Proficient in project management techniques and project management tools (MS-Project or other similar tools)
9. Proficient in the use of documentation and design techniques.
10. Ability to handle stressful situations and multiple tasks in a support role.
11. Ability to work in a consultative manner with people from varying disciplines and degrees of technical experience.
12. Ability to negotiate and manage project deadlines and project scope.
13. Extensive knowledge of security hardware and software products that comply with current industry standards.
14. Knowledge and understanding of technology-related state and federal healthcare regulations is preferred.
15. Knowledge addressing security requirements of large, complex business or clinical applications utilizing Client /Server, Citrix, or Web based application technology (e.g., Cerner), reporting systems/financial (e.g., Invision/Lawson) and identity management systems (e.g., MS Forefront Identity Manager (FIM); Tivoli Identity Manager).
16. Knowledge applying industry standard methodologies to the practice of security. Experience with establishment of application role based access control on Clinical or Financial Systems (such as Lawson, Invision, Cerner).
17. Ability to serve as an effective member of the technical and business teams and to communicate security concepts to a broad range of technical and non-technical staff.
A. Work Experience
Eight years of experience related to Security Infrastructure, Networking and or Wireless operations required.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE),
Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA), or
Cisco CCNA Security Certification (CCNA - Security) preferred.
C. Education and Training
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Management Information Systems preferred.