University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Systems Operations Specialist
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of information through the Organization''s computer systems. This involves the running of system utilities, scheduled jobs, programs, as well as printing, backups and media distribution. These processes are run on various OS platforms which include, but are not limited to NT, Unix, VMS, Novell. This includes first level break/fix support. Serves as a liaison between system users, other MIS resources, and vendor support.
1. Strong oral communications skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers.
2. Proficient in operation of Personal Computer Equipment
3. Ability to operate hand and power equipment, including but not limited to, power screw drivers, drills, vacuum cleaners, soldering irons and computer equipment in a safe manner and in accordance with department and Hospital Safety procedures.
4. Good inter-personal skill and abilities.
5. Working knowledge of computer operations, operating systems, hardware and software configurations
6. Basic networking understanding of information systems concepts and configuration
7. Ability to evaluate basic computer and peripheral device error conditions.
8. Capable of handling change and stressful situations.
9. Knowledge of electronics and computer equipment maintenance.
Three years of experience in Information Management and/or related field, troubleshooting, repairing PC, modems, terminals, printers, and basic cabling troubleshooting required; hospital setting preferred. Basic networking experience, Windows 95/98, 2000 a must. Must be available to work rotating shifts.
A+ certification preferred.
Education and Training:
Associates degree in related field or completion of a technical two year degree program required.