University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Stroke Care Coordinator-Neuroscience Program (Full-Time) DAY SHIFT
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Works in collaboration with Emergency Department, Imaging Services, Catheterization Laboratory, Telemetry, Adult Intensive Care Unit, Medical Unit, Surgical Unit, Rehabilitation, Pre-hospital EMS Providers and other departments to ensure high quality patient care is delivered to the stroke patient. Assists in developing and implementing the strategic plan for the Stroke Care Service Line in accordance with national standards of the American Heart Association and the American Stroke Association.
Provides education on stroke to hospital Associates. Coordinates the Stroke PI program and reports findings to the key stakeholders and appropriate hospital committees. Works in collaboration with Stroke Care Committee members to assure continuity of care of all stroke patients and clinical outcomes. Serves as an active member of the Border RAC Stroke Sub-Committee.
1. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
2. Ability to evaluate quality issues and present data to other professionals in a clear concise manner.
3. Ability to understand, use and teach the principles of performance improvement.
4. Proficient in utilizing the principals of analytical assessment and creative problem solving.
5. Knowledge of hospital systems and organizational relationships.
6. Ability to conduct research.
7. Ability to apply knowledge of the Joint Commission, TDSHS, and Regulatory Accrediting Agency Standards to assure compliance.
8. Skilled in the use of computer systems and related software applications.
9. Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
10. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
11. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience
1. Five years experience in the direct care of the Stroke patient.
2. Documented experience of at least 2 years in performance improvement projects.
1. Current Texas RN license.
2. Certification in Quality Improvement (CPHQ, Health Quality Certification Board), CEN, or CCRN preferred.
C. Education and Training
Bachelor''s Degree in Nursing required. Master''s Degree preferred.