University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
RN, Contract-Medical (DAY SHIFT)
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Responsible for the delivery of patient care through the nursing process of assessment, diagnosing, planning, implementation, and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization''s vision and mission. Utilizes knowledge of patient's age and cultural diversity in the provision of patient care. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
1. Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
2. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
4. Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
6. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience:
Two years of experience in a hospital critical care setting required.
1. Current RN License to practice in the State of Texas.
2. CPR Training Program for licensed nurses working with adult and pediatric patient populations.
3. NPR Training Program for licensed nurses working in the Well Baby Nursery and Mother/Baby Unit.
C. Education and Training:
1. Bachelor degree in Nursing required.
2. Meets unit-specific education requirements.
3. Completion of the yearly Skin Inspector Training with the exception of Labor & Delivery and Mother Baby.
4. Completion of the on-line Preceptor Course.
5. Completion of UMC’s Preceptor Course.
6. Completion of Charge Nurse Course (if applicable).
7. Completion of Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) class for ICU and NSICU.