University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Reg. Respiratory Therapist (F/T-Nights)
at University Medical Center of El Paso
A Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner, under the direction of the specified Shift RC Supervisor, Administrative and Medical Director is responsible for the assessment, treatment, management, control, diagnostic evaluation and care of patients with deficiencies and abnormalities of the pulmonary system. The Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner uses medical gases and administration apparatus, ventilatory support, humidification, aerosols, medication, broncho-pulmonary drainage, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and airway management in the therapeutic support of the patient.
Specific techniques may also include; measurement of ventilatory volumes, pressures, flows, airway care, trach changes, suctioning, sputum collection, arterial puncture and blood gas analysis. Provides care to patients of varying ages with age related needs. This is a critical care position, may be assigned to any critical care unit; no immediate supervision required and must be able to function independently with minimal to no supervision. Contributes to the provision of quality care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
1. Must have a comprehensive knowledge of routine and critical procedures with critical thinking skills for both adults, pediatric, and neonatal patients.
2. Thorough knowledge of Respiratory physiology and ability to practice good judgment in the implementation of clinical interventions indicated by the patient status.
A. Work Experience:
Experience in adult, pediatric and neonatal respiratory care procedures preferred.
1. Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
2. Current Texas Respiratory Care License.
3. Current CPR Certification.
4. ACLS Certification within one year of being in the position.
C. Education and Training:
Graduate of an AMA approved school for Respiratory Care.