University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Nurse Practitioner - Acute Care
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Assists with responding promptly to consults, admissions, and with provider rounds (writing notes, orders, wound care, etc.). Enters admission, pre and post-operative and consultative orders in a timely fashion. Facilitates preparation of patients for surgery. Facilitates timely communication with family and patients. Willing to work flexible assigned shifts and be on-call. Ensures compliance with HIPAA and billing regulations. Adheres to institutional and departmental policies and procedures, and supports the CARES Values of University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC-El Paso).XCB
1. Knowledgeable of acute care patient standard practices.
2. Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Developed effective working relationships with physicians and interdisciplinary team.
4. Works well with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
5. Flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change.
6. Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with ability to convey understanding progress of complex issues.
7. Strong organizational and time management skills.
8. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred. Culturally sensitive.
9. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience
1. Three years of experience as a Registered Nurse in the ED/ICU or other critical care setting required.
2. One year experience as Nurse Practitioner preferred.
1. Current Texas or compact RN license to practice in the State of Texas.
2. Current TX Advance Practice License.
3. Current Advance Nurse Practitioner certification.
4. Current CPR and training program.
5. ACLS obtained within 6 months of being in the position.
6. ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support course) preferred.
C. Education and Training
Master degree in Nurse Practice required.