University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mgr. Medicare (EPH)
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Manages the health plan’s Medicare activities with internal departments, external brokers and independent agents to ensure that sales practices are followed and that revenue and sales objectives are met. Responsible for developing comprehensive sales strategies to maximize individual membership growth in targeted service areas. Collaborates with internal departments supporting Medicare operations to ensure optimal levels of service to potential and existing members, as well as key stakeholders such as the network of providers and brokers.
1. Ability to influence decisions and business outcomes through relationships and negotiations
2. Intermediate/Expert in Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Power Point, Excel, Word).
3. Team building and exemplary interpersonal skills.
4. Understands and utilizes the fundamentals of continuous quality improvement.
5. Strong planning, organizational, and time management skills.
6. Able to accept and institute change.
7. Strong verbal and written communication skills.
8. Ability to independently make decisions that positively impact the business and customers.
9. Bilingual: English and Spanish preferred.
Three years of Management/Supervisory experience required. Three years of experience in healthcare field sales and/or insurance industry required. Must have experience managing a Medicare Advantage sales team. Experience implementing a Medicare Advantage plan preferred.
Current General Lines – life, accident, health and HMO license issued through the Texas Department of Insurance. Valid, current Texas driver’s license.
Maintains educational requirements for the Federally-facilitated Marketplace (i.e. AHIP).
Education and Training:
Bachelor degree in Marketing, Business Administration or related field required.