University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Medical Lab Tech, East - Part-Time (Nights)
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Medical Lab Technician is responsible for performing routine clinical procedures with minimal to moderate supervision. Brings complex problems to immediate attention of the Supervisor. Handles specimens, supplies and equipment properly. Recognizes unusual results or difficulties and make necessary simple corrections and adjustments.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Knowledge of pre-analytical, analytical and post analytical phases of clinical laboratory testing.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis.
- Knowledge of Life Sciences.
- Language and communication skills.
- Computer skills.
- Organization skills.
- Time management skills.
- Problem solving skills.
- Promote teamwork.
- Embrace continual change.
0 -1 year of experience as a Medical Lab Technologist.
Medical Laboratory Technician, MLT (ASCP)preferred.
Education and Training:
Associate degree in Medical Lab Technology required.