University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Leads the day-to-day operational and personnel activities of the journeymen electrician associates and all staff performing electrical work or working around electrical systems as assigned for the completion of work orders, preventive maintenance and projects. Schedules and inspects the work of journeymen electrician associates and external electrical contractors. Assists in operational and budgetary planning. Maintains hospital facility ensuring maximum efficiency and electrical safety program in strict adherence of the NFPA 70E. #CB
- Extensive knowledge of electrical construction, installation and operational testing and knowledge of local code and NFPA requirements and specifications.
- Considerable knowledge of materials, tools and techniques used in electrical maintenance and repair.
- Extensive knowledge of hazards and safety precautions.
- Knowledgeable of Life Safety code, NFPA and ADA requirements and specifications.
- Ability to understand and use schematics, technical manuals, blue prints and specifications.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely both orally and in writing and ability to confer with staff, vendors or contractors to determine specific equipment or system requirements and other plumbing specifications.
- General Knowledge of use of personal computer and ability to learn operation software applications, i.e. Windows 7 or 10.
- Able to read and follow blue prints and electrical diagram.
- Ability to interpret SDS.
Four years department related experience.
Electrician Masters License required.
Education and Training:
High School Diploma or equivalent.
Completion of approved and accredited apprenticeship program in electrical or maintenance course preferred.