University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager, Sterile Processing
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Following ANSI/AMMI guidelines, responsible for the efficient operations of the Sterile Processing department by ensuring compliance with regulatory agencies requirements and standards with regards to decontamination, cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing medical and surgical equipment instruments and related equipment. Plans and manages the daily operations of the department. Ensures systems and methodologies are established and continually evaluated for the ongoing assessment of competency of all Associates in the department. #CB
1. Conceptualize and articulate a vision for nursing practice for a specific clinical area and translates into action.
2. Ability to foster and facilitate collaborative interpersonal relationships.
3. Calculates risks associated with an anticipated action.
4. Ability to facilitate transitions through sound process improvement methodologies.
5. Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
6. Willingness to embrace change and manage it effectively.
7. Ability to foster and implement team-building strategies.
8. Skill in the use of computer systems and related software applications.
9. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
10. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
Five years of experience in perioperative services required. Three (3) years of supervisory experience required.
Certified Registered Central Service Technician (CRCST); or
Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician (CSPDT) required or obtained within 6 months of hire.
Registered Nurse in the state of Texas preferred. Certified Perioperative Nurse (CNOR) preferred.
Education and Training
Bachelor’s degree in a Health Care related field required. Master’s degree preferred.