University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Provides physical therapy services as indicated in the plan of care developed by the physical therapist, in accordance with individual patient needs, physician orders, department policies and procedures, and standards of practice. Assists in patient assessment and implements treatment programs designed by the Therapist. Documents treatment accurately. Educates patients and families. Provides care to patients of varying ages with age related needs. Decisions made by the LPTA require the knowledge of human development, anatomy and physiology, and level of function given various physical disabilities.
1. Knowledge of physical therapy principles and procedures.
2. Good interpersonal and communication skills in view of frequent interaction with patients, staff and visitors.
3. Good problem-solving ability.
4. Good organizational skills.
5. Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
A. Work Experience:
Current Texas license or eligible for licensure.
C. Education and Training:
Associate degree in Physical Therapy or completion of an APTA accredited Physical Therapist Assistant program.