University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Lactation Consultant-Mother/Baby (Full-Time) ROTATING SHIFTS
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Under the direction and supervision of the Nurse Manager for Mother/Baby and Well Baby Nursery, develops and communicates the vision and mission that identifies excellence at University Medical Center of El Paso. Provides input regarding the direction, planning, coordination and evaluation of the Lactation Program. Participates in interpretation, implementation, and evaluation of program initiatives. Analyzes data, policies, process improvement and assists in preparing documentation for the Baby Friendly Initiative at University Medical Center of El Paso. Assesses new information regarding lactation and makes recommendations to leadership for accomplishing Baby Friendly Certification goals and objectives.
Assumes responsibility for providing assessment, intervention, and planning in the areas of Nutrition, Health Education, Lactation Services, Psychosocial and other referrals to patients receiving care within the Maternal Infant Child Service Line to ensure the productivity, efficiency and effectiveness of the Lactation Program in collaboration with the Director and management teams. Facilitates the work of departments, consultants, task forces, councils and committees.
1. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
3. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
4. Ability to foster and facilitate effective working relationships and team building.
5. Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
6. Willingness to facilitate and manage change.
7. Ability to analyze situations and solve problems.
9. Skilled in the use of computer systems and related software applications.
10. Knowledge of healthcare.
11. Outstanding skills in human relations and ability to motivate and train Associates.
12. Ability to function as a team leader.
13. Ability to travel by air or other means to meetings, conferences at least 10 percent of the time.
14. Ability to organize, plan and implement projects to achieve multiple goals and objectives.
15. Ability to speak before and lead large and small groups.
16. Knowledge of process and process outcomes.
A. Work Experience
Five years experience with inpatient and outpatient lactation required, of which three years experience should be in hospital and clinic patient care with women, children, and/or infants.
IBCLC Certification by International Board of Lactation Consultants Examiners (IBLCE) required, or obtained within one year of employment or within the next available exam date.
CPR Training Program
C. Education and Training
Graduate of an accredited school of nursing or minimum of a bachelor’s degree in health related field. If applicant has a nursing degree, current license as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas is required. If applicant does not have a nursing degree, current and recent obstetrics, pediatrics, neonatal and family practice experience required.