University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
ICU Clinical Pharmacist
at University Medical Center of El Paso
The ICU Clinical Pharmacist is responsible for providing medication therapy management services in collaboration with the interdisciplinary care team to assure that drug therapy is safe and effective for the patients. Major responsibilities include: interdisciplinary patient care rounds; obtaining medication histories for all admissions as appropriate; pharmacist discharge counseling as appropriate; prospective order review, attending daily multidisciplinary rounds; precepting pharmacy students, interns and/or residents; conduct quality improvement projects; scholarly activity; oversight of medication use systems; and drug policy development.
- Knowledge of the information and techniques needed to diagnose and treat human injuries, diseases, and deformities.
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing exceptional customer service.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to use computer applications.
- Advanced Pharmacy knowledge of pharmacy terminology and procedures.
- Knowledge of relevant Federal and State laws
Three years of experience working in Acute Care Inpatient Pharmacy required. May consider graduation from PGY1 Acute Care Residency in lieu of two years of experience.
Current Texas Pharmacy License required.
Critical Care Certification from Board of Pharmacy Specialties required or obtain within 3 year of hire.
ACPE Compounded Sterile Products within 3 months of hire and Bi-Annual IV competency demonstration.
Education and Training:
Graduated from accredited School of Pharmacy.
ACPE approved continuing education per year sufficient to maintain BPS Critical Care Certification.