University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
HUC/CNA-Operating Room (Full-Time) DAY SHIFT
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Performs general clerical and receptionist duties including medical record maintenance, order processing, typing, and/or word processing, and materials management functions on the nursing unit. Assists visitors, nursing staff, and members of the health care team. Assists in the maintenance of a clean and safe environment.
Performs Nursing Assistant duties under the direction of the Registered Nurse, Licensed Vocational Nurse, or Management Associate.
1. Ability to use multi-line telephone.
2. Professional verbal and written communication skills.
3. Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
4. Possesses basic computer knowledge and knowledge of medical terminology.
5. Organizational, problem-solving skills.
6. Flexible and able to work independently with minimal supervision and thrive on change.
7. Ability to interact and communicate with people over the telephone and/or in person, often in stressful situations in a courteous manner.
8. Knowledge of medical terminology.
9. Knowledge of patient medical records and clinical documents.
10. Skillful in the use of Hospital computer systems related to ADT order entry, requisitions, lab inquiries and other computerized processes and related software/hardware applications.
11. Knowledge of clinical procedures and operations.
12. Knowledge of supplies, equipment ordering and inventory control.
13. Clerical, word processing and office skills.
14. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instruction and safety precautions.
15. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
A. Work Experience
Nursing Assistant or Health Unit Coordinator experience in a hospital setting preferred.
1. Nursing Assistant certification required.
2. Current CPR training program required.
C. Education and Training
1. High School graduate or equivalent.
2. Successful completion of an approved educational program for Nursing Assistants.