University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University Medical Center of El Paso
The Supervisor ensures that staffing is adequate and the technical Staff is fully equipped with the knowledge, instruments, training, and supplies needed for performing / reporting accurate and timely laboratory results. The Supervisor is readily available to the technical Staff to aid in problem resolution. Coaches, uses Quality Improvement methods, and progressive discipline to eliminate or minimize those practices adversely affecting accurate results reporting.
1. Strong computer skills including by not limited to Microsoft Office and third party software specific to anatomic pathology. Knowledge of middleware used with histology instrumentation.
2. Mechanical skills used to repair down instrumentation and ability to utilize available resources to minimize instrument downtime.
3. Strong problem solving skills including ability to focus on a problem, use sound judgment based on technical know-how, departmental policies, and procedures and arrive at a timely solution.
4. Strong verbal and writing skills to build and maintain effective working relationships with Physicians, Nurses, Health Unit Coordinators, H.R., I.T., Engineering, Guest Services, Texas Tech, vendors and off campus clients.
5. Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical health workers.
6. Strong Customer Service skills with an emphasis on telephone communication.
7. Ability to handle continual change and stressful situations.
8. Experience with oversight and daily operations of morgue, to include autopsy services.
9. Ability to organize and store voluminous amounts of information and retrieve rarely used information upon demand.
10. Ability to multitask.
11. Comfortable with conflict resolution and negotiation.
Four years of clinical experience in high complexity testing as a Histology Technician / Technologist.
Two years Supervisory experience required.
Certified/Registered by the American Society of Clinical Pathology (ASCP) required. Certification in specialty area (H.T.).
Education and Training:
Associates degree in Histology required. Preferred BS degree in Histology.