University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Services Supervisor
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Responsible for the supervision of assigned areas in the Food Services Department. Supervises and coordinates activities of workers engaged in preparing food, serving meals, and cleaning kitchen and dining rooms ensuring high quality, safe, well presented food is served within budgetary, regulatory and department standard requirements. #CB
1. Must be able to read, speak and comprehend English at level necessary to follow and give oral and written instructions, safety precautions, work with computers and utilize forms and management/diet resources.
2. Proficient in implementation and supervision of food service management and production operations.
3. Must display leadership qualities and possess highly effective communication skills.
4. Must be able to operate calculator and CRT''s/computer processing.
5. Able to work in a variety of environments, including exposure to heat, water, grease, cold, chemicals, electric and radiant hazards, patients, noise, odors and unpredictable situations with many interruptions.
6. Able to attend and actively participate in meetings/conferences.
7. Requires physical, mental and emotional strength, manual dexterity and mobility.
8. Speak, listen, and write in a clear positive and professional manner using interpersonal skills, good judgment and empathy.
Three years experience in a food service operation.
2 years supervisory experience required.
Food Handler's card from City County Health Department required.
Education and Training:
High School diploma or equivalent. Associate Degree in related field preferred.