University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineering Project Manager
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Provide management oversight for all phases of hospital construction projects, including budget and schedule development, schematic design, design development, construction and space occupation. Ensures all codes and specifications are being met, and work is proceeding on schedule and within budget. The Project Manager will act as liaison between the construction team and the user department. He or she will also have direct responsibility for maintaining this communication as necessary, defined by the nature and scope of the project. #CB
1. Extensive knowledge of construction, installation and operational testing.
2. Considerable knowledge of materials, tools and techniques used in construction.
3. Extensive knowledge of hazards and safety precautions.
4. Extensive knowledge of project planning software, such as Microsoft Project.
5. Knowledgeable of Life Safety code, NFPA, ADA and Joint Commission requirements and specifications.
6. Ability to understand and use schematics, diagrams, technical manuals, blue prints and specifications.
7. Ability to confer with staff, vendors or contractors to determine specific equipment or system requirements and other specifications.
8. General knowledge of Computer Aided Design software, specifically Autocad 2007.
9. Ability to work under pressure and coordinate numerous activities and groups of people who need to cooperate to achieve maximum efficiency.
10. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
11. Problem-solving/decision-making skills.
12. Ability to set priorities and achieve objectives.
Five years experience in management of construction of buildings, utilities, and equipment. Experience in healthcare construction preferred.
B.Education and Training:
Bachelors of Science Degree in Architecture, Engineering, or in a related field preferred.