University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Educator-Critical Care-Emergency (Full-Time) DAY SHIFT
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Assesses, plans, organizes, implements and evaluates orientation of new Associates. Assists with educational programs for all Associates within those specified departments. Functions as the liaison for nursing care areas, updates and reviews all nursing competencies, educational needs and reviews the current standards of practice to ensure the standards of care are maintained in the departmental setting. Serves as educational planner for CNE through possession of authority, accountability and responsibility of the CNE program planning. #CB
1. Highly effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
3. Ability to make effective group presentations.
4. Strong knowledge of adult education principles, practices and procedures.
5. Ability to utilize computer software applications to include word processing, spreadsheets and graphic presentations, preferred.
6. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
7. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
8. Develops own skills and competencies.
A. Work Experience
Three years RN experience working in specialty care area. Education experience preferred.
1. Current Registered Nurse license in the State of Texas
2. ACLS, TNCC (Perioperative Services)
3. ACLS, TNCC, ATCN (acute care areas) and PALS (for Emergency Dept.)
3. CCRN or CEN preferred (acute care areas).
4. CNOR preferred (Perioperative Services)
5. Current CPR Training Program
C. Education and Training
1. Bachelor degree in Nursing required.
2. Master degree preferred.