University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Echo Tech-Cardiac Services (Full-Time) ROTATING SHIFTS (Up to 5K Bonus)
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Assists in coordinating the scheduling of tests and procedures in the non-invasive areas. Operates the Diagnostic ECG/Echocardiography equipment. Performs studies to include: Echocardiograms 2-D, M-Mode, Doppler, contrast, stress echo, and transesophageal. Provides care to patients of varying ages and age-related needs. #CB
1. Thorough knowledge of all phases of Echocardiography, EKG, and other special cardiac diagnostic equipment.
2. Technically competent in tasks within the scope of practice of an Echochardiography Technician.
3. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
4. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
6. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
7. Knowledgeable of English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
8. Ability to perform basic computer keyboard skills.
A. Work Experience
Previous Echo Technician work preferred or six months on the position training.
B. Education and Training
1. High school graduates or equivalent.
2. Knowledge of physical or biological sciences with minimum of six months of training, under supervision of an experienced non-invasive technologist and/or cardiologist.
3. Sixteen week structured course in electrocardiography and/or 6 months in the position.
1. Current CPR Training Program.
2. Registered or registry eligible in adult and pediatric echocardiography preferred.