University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Disease Management RN Coordinator
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Organizes and directs all activities associated with El Paso Health’s Disease Management and Members with Special Health Care Needs programs. Educates the members of El Paso Health with chronic or long term health related conditions, how to maximize their health status, thus providing them the opportunity to purse their individual goals. Manages a wide range of medical specialties, including but not limited to, Obstetrics/Gynecological, Neonatal, Medical/Surgical, Behavioral, Chronic Conditions, and members with special healthcare needs.
1. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required as demonstrated by past job experience.
2. Strong analytical, data management and computer skills.
3. Able to work with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds. Culturally sensitive.
4. Flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change.
5. Understanding of pre-acute and post-acute venues of care and community resources.
6. Strong organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
7. Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payors, and patients/families
8. Bilingual English/Spanish highly preferred.
Three years of patient care experience in an acute care hospital setting desired, preferably in critical care setting. Previous case management or related experience desired. Current working knowledge of discharge planning, utilization management, case management, performance improvement and managed care reimbursement.
Current, active, unrestricted license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Texas.
Education and Training
Bachelor degree in Nursing required. Master degree in Nursing preferred.