University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director of Perioperative Services
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Under the supervision of and in collaboration with the Administrative Director of Perioperative Services and Cath Lab., Medical Directors and Managers, the Director of Perioperative Services administers, directs, plans, coordinates, monitors, promotes and evaluates all components of the Perioperative Services necessary for the hospital to carry out its mission, vision, values and business strategies. These services include the Operating Room, Anesthesia, Ambulatory Surgery Unit, Sterile Processing and Post-Anesthesia Recovery Room. Collaborates and participates with Chief Officers, Medical Staff and the hospital Board in the hospital’s strategic decision-making. Responsible for patient care management, resource management, and fiscal management. Ensures compliance with standards, policies and requirements of governmental and regulatory agencies.
1. Proven understanding and application of strategies of nursing management.
2. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to promote teamwork, cooperation, and commitment to mutual goals.
• Proven ability to negotiate and mediate, bringing, together diverse perspectives with beneficial outcomes.
3. Advanced knowledge of factors affecting delivery of patient care services and ability to lead the development and implementation of organizational changes to address strategic initiatives and opportunities to improve patient care and nursing practice.
4. Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
5. Proven leadership ability, with demonstrated success in engendering trust, confidence, and commitment of medical staff.
6. Demonstrated ability to plan and carry out projects or change initiatives of significant magnitude.
7. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
8. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
1. Seven years progressive Nursing Healthcare Supervisory/Management experience, with a strong background in Perioperative care.
2. Contract development/negotiation preferred.
3. Physician contracting and business plan development experience preferred.
Licensure and Certification:
1. Current license from Texas State Board of Nursing Examiners required.
2. Current CPR Training program.
3. CNOR preferred.
4. Nursing Executive Leadership certification preferred within two years of being in position.
Education and Training:
1. Bachelors of Science in Nursing required.
2. Master’s degree in Nursing, Business, Healthcare Administrative, or related field required.