University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Director, Case Management
at University Medical Center of El Paso
The Director of Case Mananagement provides oversight, guidance and leadership to Case Managers and Social Workers including Associate performance and compliance with applicable laws and regulations, Nursing Case Management Standards of Care, NASW code of ethics and the Texas Mental Health Code Develops services, policies, procedures, resource plans and coordinates department activities related to and integrating case management and social services activities within the Care Management Department and inter-departments. Collects and analyzes data and implements departmental or inter-departmental performance improvement activities to improve the organization’s efficiency. Oversees those who provide direct case manager services and social work services to specific patient populations providing interventions to patients/families of varying ages with age related needs. #CB
1. Knowledgeable of case management or social work principles and standard practices.
2. Demonstrated effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Strong analytical and data management skills.
4. Knowledgeable of community resources.
5. Develops effective working relationships with physicians and interdisciplinary team.
6. Works well with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
7. Flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change.
8. Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills with ability to convey understanding progress of complex issues.
9. Leadership and training skills.
10. Strong organizational and time management skills.
11. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred, culturally sensitive.
Five years of Management / Supervisor experience, preferably in case management and five years of case management/social work experience required.
Active and unrestricted Texas Registered Nurse license or Texas LMSW license required.
Education and Training:
Bachelor degree in Nursing (BSN) or Master degree in Social Work (LMSW) required.