University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Coord. QI Perform. Improv.
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Ensures Nursing Performance Improvement opportunities are properly identified and addressed in collaboration with the Director of Quality Management. Serves as an internal consultant and facilitator for Nursing and other Hospital Departments, Performance Improvement Program(s), and related activities. Works directly and in conjunction with team leaders, supervisors, managers, and directors to identify problems and facilitate and implement problem/process resolution activities. Requires a wide range of concepts, principles, and practices in the nursing profession, and applies this knowledge and skills to the development of new methods, approaches, or procedures. The majority of the work involves carrying out performance improvement activities and program implementations that are essential to the mission of the organization. Utilizes the principles and guidelines for acquiring and maintaining American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet status through implementation of Shared Governance Nursing Councils, evidence-based practice and the promotion of Professional Nursing at University Medical Center of El Paso (UMC-El Paso).#CB
1. Ability to apply knowledge of The Joint Commission, Texas Department of Health, Center for Medicaid and Medicare Services Conditions of Participation and Regulatory Accrediting Agency Standards to assure compliance.
2. Ability to communicate effectively; written and verbal skills required.
3. Ability to understand, use and teach the principles of performance improvement.
4. Ability to evaluate quality issues and present data to other professionals in a clear concise manner.
5. Proficient in utilizing the principals of analytical assessment and creative problem solving.
6. Knowledge of hospital systems and organizational relationships.
7. Knowledge and ability to implement the FOCUS-PDSA Performance Improvement model.
8. Ability to use critical thinking skills to conduct research, and utilize interpersonal and problem solving skills.
9. Ability to organize, delegate, implement, and evaluate effectiveness of processes.
10. Ability to interview and work in teams.
11. Ability to use a computer systems (Excel, Word, Power Point) and related software applications.
12. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
13. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience
1. Three years of clinical nursing experience required.
2. One year of experience in quality improvement (i.e., development and/or implementation of performance improvement activities) or related activities preferred.
1. Current RN License to practice in the State of Texas
2. Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) preferred.
C. Education and Training
1. Bachelor degree in Nursing required.
2. Master degree preferred.