University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Performs duties related to food service including; basic food preparation, pre-preparation of food for cooks to finish, recipe use/adherence, food handling and storage, cold food preparation, grill food preparation according to recipe and a variety of sanitation responsibilities. Provide relief coverage to cooks/baker.
1. Must be able to read, speak and comprehend English at level necessary to follow oral and written instructions and safety precautions.
2. Has knowledge of proper food temperatures and handling procedures.
3. Knowledgeable of food service management and production operations Procedures and techniques.
4. Must have knowledge of Health Department regulations.
5. Knowledge of portion control and recipe adherence.
6. Ability to monitor and/or maintain quality control standards.
7. Bilingual desired (English, Spanish) but not required.
One year of experience in a food service environment required. Experience in food preparation preferred.
Food Handlers card from City-County Health Department required.
Education and Training:
High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.