University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Surgical Technician-OR (Full-Time) DAY SHIFT
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Under direct training of a Registered Nurse (RN), performs scrub activities and assists with a variety of patient care activities for patients of varying ages in the operating room setting.
1. Possesses effective oral communication skills.
2. Technically competent in tasks within the scope of practice of a Surgical Technician.
3. Skill and ability to concentrate and monitor instrument, sharps, and sponge counts.
4. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
A. Work Experience
One year experience as a Surgical Technician preferred.
1. Current certification as a Surgical Technician required.
2. Current CPR Training Program.
C. Education and Training
High school degree or equivalent.
Completion of an accredited Surgical Technician program of study required.