University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Certified Medical Assistant (Far East Clinic)
at University Medical Center of El Paso
The Certified Medical Assistant works under the direction of Licensed Healthcare Professionals. Schedules appointments, maintains medical records information for insurance purposes. Takes and records vital signs prepares patients for examination, draws blood, and administers medications. Enters medical, social histories and performs intakes and discharges on all patients to assist Healthcare Providers.
- Knowledge of ICD10, CPT4 and HCPCS coding related to clinic procedures and physician billing.
- Highly effective communication skills.
- CRT proficiency and ability to type.
- Knows vaccine requirements for patients, newborns through adulthood for assigned areas.
- Knowledge in patient flow process, applicable per Clinic.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- THS/ CHIP
One year of Medical Assistant experience required.
Certified Medical Assistant Certificate required.
Education and Training:
High School Education or equivalent.
Completion of a Medical Assistant course required.