University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Cath. Lab. RN II-Critical Care (Full-Time) ROTATING SHIFTS (Up to 15K Bonus)
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Responsible for the delivery of age-appropriate professional nursing services through the nursing process of assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, implementation and evaluation. Responsible for directing and coordinating all nursing care for patients based on established clinical nursing practice standards. Collaborates with other professional disciplines to ensure effective and efficient patient care delivery and the achievement of desired patient outcomes. Supports the organization’s Mission and Vision. Utilizes knowledge of patient’s age, cultural diversity, cardiac pathophysiology and cardiovascular disease processes in the provision of care to patients undergoing cardiovascular, neurovascular and interventional radiology procedures. Contributes to the provision of quality nursing care through performance improvement techniques that demonstrate positive outcomes in patient care.
1. Possesses critical thinking and problem solving skills.
2. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
3. Possesses effective interpersonal relationship skills.
4. Ability to utilize computers for documentation purposes.
5. Technically competent in tasks within the scope of practice of a Registered Nurse.
6. Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
7. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
A. Work Experience
Two years of experience as a Registered Nurse in Cath, Lab., Emergency, ICU and/or CVICU departments required.
1. Current Texas or compact RN License to practice in the State of Texas.
2. Current CPR training program.
3. ACLS and PALS certification obtained within 6 months of being in the position.
C. Education and Training
Bachelor degree in Nursing required.