University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Case Manager II (RN), EPH
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Assists with coordination of care to promote the highest level of physical, psychological, and social functioning possible for members and their families. Manages a wide range of medical specialties, including but not limited to, Obstetrics/Gynecological, Neonatal, Medical/Surgical, Behavioral, Chronic Conditions, and children with special healthcare needs. #CB
1. Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills required as demonstrated by past job experience.
2. Strong analytical, data management and computer skills.
3. Able to work with people of all social, economic, and cultural backgrounds.
4. Flexible, open-minded and adaptable to change.
5. Understanding of pre-acute and post-acute venues of care and community resources.
6. Strong organizational and time management skills, as evidenced by capacity to prioritize multiple tasks and role components.
7. Ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment in interactions with physicians, payors, and patients/families.
8. Computer and typing skills required.
9. Bilingual in English and Spanish highly preferred.
Three years of professional nursing or social work experience required. Previous experience as a Case Manager preferred.
Current, active, unrestricted, license to practice as a Registered Nurse or Social Worker in the State of Texas required.
CCM and CPUR preferred.
Education and Training
Bachelor degree in Nursing or Social Work required. Master degree preferred.