University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Nurse Manager - Noncritical Care-Geriatrics (Full-Time) DAY SHIFT
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Under the direction and supervision of the Nurse Manager, supervises nursing non-clinical Associate and the functions of the clinical units. Assists with or conducts delegated projects, assumes managerial responsibilities including supervision and evaluation of patient care and all nursing Associates in the absence of the Nurse Manager.
Assumes responsibility for clinical resources and coordinates preceptor activities. Assists manager in development, implementation, and evaluation of unit-specific systems/activities, which result in organizational improvement. Coordinates activities between shifts and clinical areas to ensure continuity of patient care.
Provides clinical patient care to patients utilizing the nursing process. Utilizes knowledge of professional nursing practice in providing age-appropriate care based on scientific principles, nursing standards of practice, and standards of patient care for patient populations. #CB
1. Possesses effective oral and written communication skills.
2. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
3. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
4. Ability to supervise and evaluate Associates.
5. Ability to foster and facilitate effective working relationships and team building.
6. Ability to negotiate and resolve conflict.
7. Willingness to accept and manage change.
8. Ability to analyze situations and solve problems.
9. Skilled in the use of computer systems and related software applications.
A. Work Experience:
One year in a lead/supervisory capacity required.
1. Current Texas or compact RN license to practice in the State of Texas.
2. Current CPR training required.
3. ACLS training obtained within 6 months of being in the position for licensed nurses working the Labor and Delivery and Antepartum units.
4. NPR training program obtained within 6 months of being in the position for licensed nurses working in the Mother Baby, Labor and Delivery, Antepartum and Well Baby Nursery units.
5. National certification in discipline obtained within 2 years of being in the position required.
C. Education and Training:
Bachelor degree in Nursing required.