University Medical Center of El Paso
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Administrator, Medical and Surgical Services
at University Medical Center of El Paso
Under the supervision of and in collaboration with the Assistant Chief Nursing Officer, Medical Directors and Managers, administers, directs, plans, and coordinates monitors, promotes and evaluates all components of the Medical and Surgical Services and operations necessary for the hospital to carry out its mission, vision, values and business strategies. Collaborates and participates with Assistant Chief Officers, Medical Staff and the hospital Board in the hospital’s strategic decision-making. Responsible for patient care management, resource management, and fiscal management. Ensures compliance with standards, policies and requirements of governmental and regulatory agencies.
1. Proven understanding and application of strategies of nursing management.
2. Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills.
• Proven ability to promote teamwork, cooperation, and commitment to mutual goals.
• Proven ability to negotiate and mediate, bringing, together diverse perspectives with beneficial outcomes.
3. Advanced knowledge of factors affecting delivery of patient care services and ability to lead the development and implementation of organizational changes to address strategic initiatives and opportunities to improve patient care and nursing practice.
4. Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
5. Proven leadership ability, with demonstrated success in engendering trust, confidence, and commitment of medical staff.
6. Demonstrated ability to plan and carry out projects or change initiatives of significant magnitude.
7. Ability to read and comprehend English at a level necessary to follow written and oral instructions and safety precautions.
8. Bilingual preferred (English/Spanish).
A. Work Experience:
1. Seven years progressive Nursing Healthcare Supervisory/Management experience required, with a strong background in Medical and Surgical care.
2. Contract development/negotiation preferred.
3. Physician contracting and business plan development experience preferred.
B. Licensure and Certification:
1. Current Texas or compact RN license to practice in the State of Texas required.
2. Current CPR training program.
3. RN-BC or ONC preferred.
4. Nursing Executive Leadership certification preferred within two years of being in position.
C. Education and Training:
1. Bachelor of Science in Nursing required.
2. Master degree in Nursing, Business, Healthcare Administrative, or related field required.