United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
EDUCATION, TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Texas Nursing License
- Current BLS, ACLS and PALS
- Minimum of 2 years experience in Pre-Op/PACU
- Strong knowledge of surgical procedures and management of the surgical patient
- Understand principles of aseptic technique and their implementation
- Ability to care for patients with changing medical priorities and ability to respond accordingly
- Knowledge base to recognize, evaluate, solve problems and correct errors
- Ability to quickly adapt to changing condition of the patient when needed
- Excellent teaching skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Demonstrate strong professional and ethical behavior
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, physicians and fellow employees. (TEAMWORK)
- Strong customer service skills
- Demonstrate accountability, creativity, innovation and be receptive to change
- Possess basic knowledge of Performance Improvement ideology
Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Other skills and abilities: General familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and surgical procedures for an operating room.
Physical Demands: Shall be physically able to stand, walk, and maintain varied body motions and positions for long periods of time. Demonstrates manual dexterity. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee shall be able to use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects or tools. The employee is required to stand, walk, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. Shall be able to hear and speak. Shall be able to move up to 100 pounds.
Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring they are followed including the practices and records relating to the use and disclosure of Protected Health Information.
- Formulates and implements nursing philosophy and objectives consistent with the stated goals of the Center.
- Assists in developing policies, procedures, and staffing essential to the achievement of the philosophy and objectives of the Center. Reviews and revises these in collaboration with the Administrator, the nursing staff and the professional staff, keeping up to date on current trends in nursing practice and patient care.
- Evaluates programs and patient care activities.
- Ensures continued compliance with government regulatory agencies, i.e. HIPPA, the facilities accrediting organizational standards, and AAAHC.
- Assures documentation of patient care meets criteria dictated by legal practice, state, and federal health standards.
- Develops an organizational structure, assigning responsibilities and delegating authority that shall facilitate safe, effective, and efficient care for the patient.
- Provides leadership and support in developing and maintaining effective relationships with the center staff and the medical staff.
- Establishes, maintains, analyzes, and evaluates standards of nursing care within the Pre-op and, PACU areas in compliance with professional nursing standards.
- Prepares weekly and monthly nursing schedules.
- Initiates and / or supports activities to control costs.
- Delegates administrative responsibilities to another staff R.N. in his / her absence with notification to the Administrator.
- Reduces chance of nosocomial infection by directing attention to infection control and environmental safety practices.
- Holds individual employees accountable for assigned responsibilities, individual goals, and performance expectations through annual performance evaluations and conferences.
- Establishes, maintains, and evaluates quality control studies within the pre-operative and PACU areas in collaboration with the Director of Nursing and the Administrator to improve the services these departments provide to others.
- Oversees the EDGETM responsibilities of direct reports and maintains own EDGETM requirements.
- Assists with environmental hazard and infection control surveillance, and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
- Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and confidentiality per policy and HIPPA regulations.
- Follows the Center's professional code of conduct and dress code policy.
- Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors, physicians and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
- Attends all mandatory in-services and meetings.
* Previous experience working in an ambulatory surgical setting preferred.
Graduate of an approved school of nursing. Currently licensed in the state. CPR required, advanced life support certification required. One year experience required intra-operative setting. Demonstrates clinical competency, leadership, and teaching capabilities. Physically and emotionally capable of performing responsibilities of position.