United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at United Surgical Partners International Inc (USPI)
- Supervises the OR staff to provide a daily smooth flow of cases.
- Assists in coordination of daily case scheduling in the O.R. with other staff to ensure schedule will flow smoothly (O.R. & X-Ray).
- Prepares monthly call schedules.
- Prepare, coordinate and perform monthly O.R. staff meetings for all OR, radiology, and anesthesia techs.
- Communicate effectively with physicians to resolve issues and provide efficiency and smooth case flow.
- Orders instruments and equipment for cases.
- Coordinate inventory quarterly in all areas of the OR
- Assists with OR education by coordinating and/or giving in-services.
- Prepare schedules in the afternoon for next day.
- Supervise the evening shift which includes coordination of the staff for case completions of the day and setting up for the next day. This also includes Radiology.
- Communicate with physicians to resolve equipment or instrument issues by coordinating ordering or getting repairs done.
- Communicate with vendors and representatives for supplies, equipment or instruments that are needed for cases.
- Works closely with Materials and Sterile Processing Dept to coordinate supplies & instrument needs.
- Preparing and administering annual evaluations
- Works closely with manager with hiring and orienting OR staff members
- Helps in revising and preparing policies that relate to O.R. functions
- Assistance in maintaining compliance for Joint Commission surveys
- Enters company data collections and observations with company EDGE
- MIDAS data entry.
- Enters data into Kronos time keeping program
- Assistance with staff counseling as necessary
- Coordinates and assists in Performance Improvement Projects.
- Graduate of accredited school or professional nursing.
- Baccalaureate degree preferred or work related experience.
- Three (3) years experience in surgery.
- Current Texas RN License
- BLS, ACLS and PALS required
- CNOR preferred
- Independent decision making skills.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, physicians, patients, families and vendors.
1.Knowledgeable of hospital policies and procedures specific to the operating room.
2.Clinically proficient in OR nursing skills, demonstrating knowledge of the developmental needs of the pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients.