The Toro Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Warehouse Lead 2nd shift
at The Toro Company
Under the direction of the Warehouse Supervisor, the Warehouse Lead is responsible for oversees the daily production activities and departmental workflow of all shipments, while working closely with the Supervisor and/or Manager.
¨ Transfer of raw and W-I-P (Work in Progress) material to production areas or workstations.
¨ Monitors Material Handlers on their daily work activities, coach and monitors performance.
¨ Ensures all Material Handlers have been trained and have licenses to operate the equipment.
¨ Knowledge of Warehouse Management System and SAP.
¨ Communicate effectively with management and all warehouse personnel. Ability to guide, make recommendations and give proper directions to reports.
¨ All leads are part of a safety committee. Practice safety on a daily basis; ensure all reports are working under a safe environment.
¨ Reports all accidents. Follow safety practices during emergencies under the direction of upper management.
¨ Extensive knowledge of various types of material shipping. Such as UPS packages, international, LTL and FTL.
¨ Basic knowledge of inventory management principles of receipt, issues, scrap, cycle count, weighing and counting. Apply this knowledge to W-I-P.
¨ Extensive knowledge of loading equipment for a warehouse, such as loading and unloading parts, boxes, and wrapping. Responsible for following correct shipping procedures.
¨ Responsible for following all BASC and CT-PAT rules and regulation with Mexican Border Operations.
¨ Basic knowledge of Mexican and U.S. Customs rules and regulations.
¨ Ability to look at daily work orders, place resin orders, manage low levels of inventory and maintain high inventory accuracy. Counts, weighs and records number of units of materials moved or handled on a daily basis.
¨ Lifts heavy objects by hand or with assistance via the use of a pallet jack, forklift machine, dolly or elevated lift machine and cleans work area and equipment.
¨ Basic knowledge on WMS (Warehouse Management System) and scanners.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- A minimum of three (3) years of previous warehouse loading and unloading experience. Ability to identify various types of warehouse procedures.
- Experience in cross-border operations between US – Mexico required. Must have good knowledge of Mexican and U.S. customs procedures and regulations.
- Problem-solving skills using root cause analysis method and implementing effective countermeasures experience required.
- Must be computer literate and be proficient with Microsoft Office products, especially Word and Excel a must.
- Strong analytical ability, initiative, self-starter, proactive, dedicated, results oriented, team player.
- Excellent customer service skills are required.
- Bilingual skills Spanish and English preferred.
- Forklift Machine Certification is a must.