The Toro Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at The Toro Company
- Perform repairs/preventative maintenance on all production molds and related equipment.
- Provide detailed information to production, establish and adhere to timelines.
- Work with engineering and quality departments on mold/tooling related issues.
- Provide leadership by coaching and mentoring PM Technicians, to achieve quality standards, meet productivity goals, solve problems, and generate/implement continuous improvement ideas.
- Provide support to energize, enhance, and develop work teams.
- Build a variety of tools, engineering changes, molds, templates, fixtures and jigs.
- Maintain inventory of components and replacement tooling part.
- Promote and maintain an organized and clean work environment.
- Set-up adjusts and operates all types of machine shop equipment. Select and lay out materials.
- Draw sketches and calculate dimensions as required.
- Calculate shrink rate dimensions for different plastics.
- Troubleshoot tools and evaluate for tooling or process problems.
- Team player with the ability to work on close-tolerance parts and fixtures
- Adhere to approved Company, Safety and Department policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned or are not included here but are within the context of duties defined.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
- Strong ability to work with individuals at all levels of the organization to achieve operational results and positive working relations.
- Extensive Technical/troubleshooting skills of injection molding tools and machines.
- Ability to listen to people, explain difficult issues to reach a mutual understanding and build alignment among team members and departments
- High School Diploma or equivalent or Journeyman Card. Requires journeyman machinist skills and a basic knowledge of mold building processes.
- Ability to work with all machine shop equipment and apply practical knowledge of characteristics of metals, machine capabilities and machining processes. Understand how CAD/CAM machining relates to tooling.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and mathematical skills.