The Toro Company
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Extrusion Production Technician
at The Toro Company
The Extrusion Production Technician is responsible for change overs, job set up, minor process adjustments and adherence to established protocols.
1. Adhere to Toro policies and procedures including health and safety policies.
2. Work toward meeting all safety, Quality, production and scrap goals.
3. Conduct product inspection to maintain established Quality levels.
4. Follow and maintain established processes and protocols.
5. Make minor adjustments to process under the direct supervision of the shift lead and or process specialist.
6. Conduct line audits to ensure line is running in optimal performance.
7. Follow TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) schedules to ensure reliable performance of equipment.
8. Monitor equipment and take action when necessary.
9. Work with the Quality team to ensure compliance to established standards.
10. Maintain effective communication at all levels.
11. Updates and maintains process records with latest data available.
12. Submit improvement ideas to department manager with a focus on scrap reduction, Quality improvements and process optimization.
13. Participate in 5S activities.
14. Adhere to established protocols.
15. Maintain cleanliness of assigned area.
16. Maintain logs as assigned to ensure transfer and record of data.
17. Escalate equipment malfunctions to lead.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
· Education: Minimum high school or GED required.
· Must ne an effective communicator.
· 2 to 4 years experience in plastics processing.
· Knowledge of basic PC functions including Microsoft office and Windows.
· High level of organizational skills. Logs, checklists and inspections records must be maintained orderly and legible.
· High sense of urgency. Escalate Potential safety, process and or Quality issues must be escalated.