The Tatitlek Corporation
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Heavy Duty Truck Driver
at The Tatitlek Corporation
Position Requirement: CDL "A" With Passenger "P" Endorsement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate wheeled vehicles and equipment over varied terrain and roadway
- Supervise loading and unloading cargo and equipment
- Secure and protect cargo against inclement weather, pilferage, and damage
- Secure cargo and equipment in accordance with OSHA and DOT Safety Regulations
- Operate minibus or van to transport clients, trainees, or company personnel as well as transporting of luggage and personal belongings in box trucks and stake beds
- Drive vehicle from individual or central loading area to social services or rehabilitation center, medical centers, training location, job site, travel centers, air ports or other destinations as directed
- Operate radio or similar device to communicate with base station or other vehicles to report drop off, pick up and disruption of service
- Clean and/or service vehicle with fuel, lubricants, and accessories as required
- Maintain records of trips and/or behavior of passengers
- Perform other duties when not driving such as, custodial and building maintenance tasks
- Ability to maintain a flexible schedule in order to support MaD Transportation support requirements, which are 24/7 to include weekends and holidays.
- Other duties as assigned/approved by Tatitlek management
- Must be able to operate 22 to 44 passenger bus
- Must be able to operate a Stake Bed/ Box truck up to 5 tons
Must be US citizen; must possess valid driver's license (any state), and must prove clean driving record and current vehicle insurance coverage. As a condition of employment, must have acceptable background check results and pass a pre-employment drug screening. This position may be subject to random drug and/or alcohol testing on an unannounced basis.
Native preference applies:
As an equal opportunity employer, The Tatitlek Corporation recognizes that our strength lies in our people. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment, including sexual harassment, in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, citizenship status, military status, protected veteran status or employment status. We support and obey laws that prohibit discrimination everywhere we do business.
Required Experience, Education and Licensure:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Prior experience operating a Tractor Trailer Rig (18 wheeler)
- CDL –A with Passenger “P” endorsement and a valid Medical Card
- At least 21 years of age
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Acceptable driving record ( 7 year )
- Must have proficient English verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to read maps and follow written directions
Additional Qualifying Factors:
As a condition of employment, must pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results. Must be able to able to gain access to US military installations. Valid Driver’s license, proof of insurance, and acceptable driving record required. Reliable transportation to/from work a necessity. Tatitlek Shareholder hire preference.