Texas Western Hospitality
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Front Desk Agent/Night Audit
at Texas Western Hospitality
Texas Western Hospitality and managing partner Western International own and operate over thirty hotels, ranging from select service and full service to extended stays. We build and manage only the best brands. We proudly fly Marriott, Hilton, and Holiday Inn flags. We operate hotels throughout Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, and Washington State. We also have several properties currently under construction, which will be opening in the near future.
At TWH, we fly the best flags, build the best hotels and employ the best people. This simple, yet proven strategy has allowed us to deliver exceptional results to our stakeholders, investment partners, owners, associates, and customers alike.
The Front-Desk Agent:
- Books guest reservations and/or coordinates with reservation center
- Registers guests into the hotel in a prompt and courteous manner using up-selling techniques to maximize room rates; prepares for group check-ins, check-outs, and VIP arrivals. Greets, registers, and assigns rooms to guests
- Handles confidential information, including guest records, with a high degree of integrity
- Answers and routes call as appropriate; takes guest messages with accuracy
- Assists with sales and marketing efforts as directed by the General Manager
- Offers and properly handles requests for wake-up calls
- Records pertinent guest information in the pass on log
- Replenishes continental breakfast as needed and keeps the area clean
- Ensures common area/lobby is clean
- Performs laundry functions as directed
- Checks guests in and out of the hotel; processes customer payments according to established policies and procedures.
- Answers phone in a prompt, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Promotes hotel services, facilities, and outlets and becomes informed and knowledgeable of upcoming events/ functions in the hotel and in the surrounding area.
- Answers guests’ questions about the property and amenities and is able to refer and direct guests to area attractions and outlets. Arranges for the appropriate transportation of guests to and from the hotel when necessary.
- Uses creative reasoning to overcome guest objections and concerns and to ensure 100% satisfaction.
- Resolves minor guest complaints to the satisfaction of the customer; informs supervisor of major problems, complaints, disturbances or unhappy guests.
- Respond quickly to guest requests or complaints in a friendly manner and appropriate action is taken. Follows up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Completes daily paperwork to include cashing out, documenting all adjustments, miscellaneous postings, paid-outs, charges, and check-outs.
- Handles departmental accounting of monies, receipts, guest accounts and other forms of credit; posts all charges; completes cashier’s report, prepares deposit and counts cashier bank.
- Balances cash bag at open and closing of each shift.
- Transmits and receives messages using equipment such as a computer, telephone, email, fax, and switchboard.
- Provides a professional image at all times through appearance and dress.
- Follows company policies and procedures.