Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
TVC-Veterans Employer Liaison
at Texas Department of Motor Vehicles
Please Note: Allapplications must contain complete job histories, which includes job title,dates of employment, name of employer, supervisor's name and phone number and adescription of duties performed. College transcripts must be attached to theapplication. To receive Veteran's preference, a copy of the FORM DD214-member#4, must be attached when submitting your Application. If this information is not submitted, yourapplication may be rejected because it is incomplete. Resumes do not take the place of thisrequired information.
**A skills test such as a Presentation will be required atthe time of the interview.
Submitted Through Work in Texas: Work in Texas (WIT) applicants must completethe supplemental questions to be considered for the posting. To complete thesupplemental questions please go to CAPPS Recruit to register or login andaccess your profile. CAPPS Recruit: https://capps.taleo.net/careersection/ex/jobsearch.ftl?lang=en
General JobDescription: Servesas a vital member of the Veterans Employment Services team by advocating forVeterans' employment and training opportunities with business, industry, andcommunity-based organizations. TheVeterans Employer Liaison (VEL) disseminates information regarding employmentand training programs and facilitates Veteran access to all workforcedevelopment programs and services.
Essential Duties andResponsibilities:
- Conductoutreach to employers, organizations, and other service providers to promoteVeterans employment goals and objectives and to assist Veterans in gainingemployment.
- Developand maintain partnerships with business organizations, employers, labor unions,and Veterans' service organizations.
- FacilitateVeteran employment by coordinating and collaborating with Workforce partners toinclude Workforce Business Services Units to ensure optimum employment andtraining opportunities for Veterans.
- Analyzelabor market information for employment trends and develop strategicinitiatives and regional plans for effective employer recruitmentstrategies.
- Coordinatewith Veteran Career Advisors and partner staff to provide job opportunities tospecific Veterans.
- Reviewand analyze Veteran qualifications to ensure they meet the requirements foremployer's job opportunities.
- Planand participate in job and career fairs.
- Makepresentations to employers and other groups to promote Veteran services.
- Conductseminars for employers and job search workshops with employers.
- Promotecredentialing and licensing opportunities for Veterans.
- Reviewand report on the Workforce services provided to Veterans and recommendstrategies, solutions, or corrective action when required.
- Providetraining and technical assistance to staff administering services to Veterans;prepare quarterly reports.
- Enterand retrieve information to/from computer systems (WorkinTexas.com, TWIST, orother electronic databases, etc.)
- Generalpersonal computer, Microsoft Windows and Microsoft office and internet researchexperience preferred.
- Travelmay be required at least 10% of the time for work-related functions.
- Workhours other than 8-5 may be required.
- Performsrelated work as assigned.
Minimum Education: Associates degree froman accredited college or university with major course work in business, humanresources, marketing or a related field. May substitute education for experience on a year to year basis.
Experience: Two years of experience in the Human Resources, Recruiting, orMarketing.
Applicants must be a Veteran who servedon active duty for a period of more than 180 days and was discharged/releasedwith other than dishonorable discharge; OR a Veteran who wasdischarged/released from active duty because of a service connected disability;OR an eligible person as defined by Title 38 of the United States Code.
AdditionalRequirements: A valid Texas Driver's License is required.
Preferred Experienceand Qualification:
- Experience in developing marketing strategies or recruiting activities that promotes the hiring of applicants by employers.
- Experience developing and delivering presentations to groups, conducting seminars or participating in job fairs.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Windows and the Internet Experience with public relations, and communications skills.
- Experience working in a team environment that is process-oriented and deadline-driven.
- Experience managing multiple, competing priorities, while delivering exceptional service.
- Experience with an Applicant Tracking Systems.
Knowledge, Skills andAbilities:
- Knowledge ofinterviewing and assessment techniques and procedures.
- Knowledge of communityresources.
- Skill in conductinginterviews and in counseling others.
- Skill in operatingcomputers and applicable software.
- Ability to gather,assess and analyze Veterans' needs.
- Ability to coordinateVeterans' services.
- Ability to communicateeffectively and to train others.
- Ability to maintaineffective public contacts.
- Ability to counselspecial applicant groups; evaluate information obtained in review of Veterans'programs; and to maintain effective public contacts.
Environmental &Physical Conditions:
Normaloffice work environment, mostly sedentary in nature. May involve walking;standing; remaining stationary for long periods of time; pulling and pushing;kneeling, stooping and bending; and safely lifting and carrying items weighingup to 30 pounds. Work involves extensive telephone usage and repetitivehand/wrist/finger motions while using the computer.
Notes to theApplicant:
Toreceive Veterans' preference, a copy of the FORM DD214 -member #4, must beattached when submitting your application.
Collegetranscripts must be attached to the application.
If yourequire any reasonable accommodation for the interview process, please informthe hiring representative who calls to schedule your interview.
This position has been designated as a securitysensitive position. A criminal background investigation will be conducted onthe final candidate for this position.
DUE TO THE HIGH VOLUME OF APPLICATIONS WE DO NOT ACCEPT TELEPHONECALLS APPLICANTS SCHEDULED FOR INTERVIEWS WILL BE CONTACTED.
Veterans Information:The TexasVeterans Commission is committed to hiring Veterans and is proud to employ thehighest percentage of Veterans among all state agencies. Additional info may apply via the jobposting.
AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The Texas VeteransCommission does not discriminate on the basis, of race, color, religion, sex,national origin, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services.