Sumitomo Electric Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sumitomo Electric Group
SEWS—El Paso Customer Service Center (Eastside)
Supervises and coordinates operational and traffic activities; also verifies completeness and accuracy of associate job performance for receiving, stocking, picking, shipping and material handling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, manage and ensure the implementation of distribution activities, schedules and methods to attain goals and ensure procedural compliance in the distribution facility.
- Coach, mentor, and develop personnel.
- Supervise facility personnel for compliance with company policies and corrective action.
- Engages with employees to adhere to all safety standards and team work philosophy.
- Ensure that safety standards, quality standards, productivity goals and cost objectives are met.
- Supports the management of building compliance and maintenance.
- Develop good knowledge and understanding of all customer specific requirements.
- Accountable for monitoring and reporting of the sites’ operation performance metrics.
- Understand and implement procedures and processes to meet TS 16949 and MMOG requirements.
- 100% on time delivery and inventory accountability.
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
- Education: HS/GED or Technical Certificate required, Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or similar preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience in Supply Chain, Logistics, Distribution and Manufacturing.
- 1-2 years in a supervisor capacity.
- Excellent interpersonal and managerial skills.
- Bilingual English/Spanish fluency preferred.
- Must be able to resolve complex issues of a moderate scope using independent judgment.
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 25 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo’s continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V