Sumitomo Electric Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Traffic Clerk II (2nd Shift 1pm-10pm)
at Sumitomo Electric Group
SEWS—El Paso Customer Service Center (Eastside)
Traffic Clerk II (2nd Shift 1pm-10pm)
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispatch all Inbound/Outbound finished goods and raw material to/from ECSC to MX and CSC plants.
- Support finished goods with empty trailers and schedule carriers for finished goods pick up or for empty containers going to CSC in US and MX. Support Raw Materials with empty trailers for raw material shipments going to MX Distribution Center and plants.
- Monitor and maintain assigned trailer inventory fleet pertaining to ECSC.
- Issue daily inbound and outbound shipments, schedule and maintain accurate inventory of contents within storage trailers at ECSC and 3rd party trailer yard.
- Communicate with MX Customs/Traffic, SEWS Logistics and ECSC Customs to confirm deliveries or pick up schedules required at ECSC.
- Follow up schedules with vendors and carriers on local pick up & deliveries made to ECSC. Provide empty trailers (as needed), track deliveries and confirm to MC/FG planners of arrival times to ECSC.
- Control rental trailer pool between ECSC, MX, Trancy and SEWS EP assigned to ECSC fleet. Strong communication with MX Traffic/Custom staff for whereabouts of trailers and delivery status to ECSC.
- Responsible for yard truck (maintenance, repair, plates) and spotting activities from dock to dock within ECSC yard in addition to ECSC yard cleanliness and organization.
- Inventory of ECSC yard and 3rd party trailer holding facility are kept up with and reported on a daily basis. Provide directive to ECSC mule spotter for required Operations to include arrival, departure and priority for yard.
- Daily meeting readiness with Planners and Management to discuss deliveries and shipment schedules. Support FG with Returnable Containers processing to external vendors.
- Monitor CTPAT compliance within ECSC. Communicate with US Customs, ECSC Customs, Carriers, HR, Security and Logistics departments. Notify and implement changes as required to maintain CTPAT certification.
- Issue daily reports and daily logs, assign delivery numbers, review that shipment paperwork is accurate, seal trailers and download information and pictures into the system.
- Other duties as needed.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- 3 – 7 years’ experience in Traffic and shipping, cartage and distribution (automotive preferred). Mexican Operations experience preferred
- Proficient in computer skills: Word, Excel, Windows, Outlook, PowerPoint, Insource Audit/RMMS, IPS
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo’s continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
About the Sumitomo Electric Group
Since the founding of Sumitomo Electric Industries, Ltd. in 1897 with copper wire production, we have developed many new technologies and products through innovative R&D activities based on Sumitomo Electric manufacturing technologies for electric wires and power cables. With more than 350 subsidiaries worldwide, we continue to introduce a wide variety of products that fulfill the expectations of society, in five business fields: Automotive, Information & Communications, Electronics, Environment & Energy, and Industrial Materials. We are a Fortune global 500 company.
To learn more about Sumitomo Electric Group, please visit http://global-sei.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V