Sumitomo Electric Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Engineer 1 - Maintenance
at Sumitomo Electric Group
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems - El Paso Plant
Engineer 1 – Maintenance
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will oversee the daily duties of the hourly maintenance technicians, to include: assigning jobs, following up and tracking job completion, setting and auditing maintenance procedures to ensure they are properly followed, assesses skills for maintenance personnel & performs technician evaluations.
- Plans and coordinates maintenance projects.
- Works with manufacturing engineering on new equipment installations and machine rebuilds.
- Performs analysis of repetitive equipment failures.
- Estimates maintenance costs and evaluates alternatives, assesses required maintenance tools and the skills required for efficient maintenance of the equipment.
- Assesses and sets countermeasures for safety hazards/concerns associates with the maintenance of the equipment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- One – Three years of progressive engineering experience
- Excellent skills in data analysis and the use of personal computers (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.);
- Effective verbal and written communication.
- Experience in a working in a Maintenance department is a plus
About Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc.
Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems, Inc. (SEWS) is part of the Sumitomo family of companies, a 400 year old brand with a reputation for quality and reliability. With the support of facilities throughout North America, SEWS has been delivering innovative solutions to automakers for over 30 years, and is a leading supplier of electrical distribution systems, components and electronics. SEWS is committed to technical development worldwide and with a global network of resources, is able to deliver a truly competitive advantage to each of our customers. Our associates are what drive Sumitomo’s continued growth, which is why we proudly offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life, 401(k) with match, tuition benefits, paid holidays and vacation.
To learn more about us, please visit www.sewsus.com.
Follow Us on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sumitomo-electric-wiring-systems
**Interested Candidates Should Submit Cover Letter and Salary History When Applying.**
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V