Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Sprouts Farmers Markets, LLC
- Hidden (17389)
- Position Type
- Req ID
Do you enjoy working in a department that has many differing aspects? Does leading the most popular and prominent department sound like a challenge you enjoy? Does teaching and showing customers every day the benefits of fresh produce sound fascinating? Do you have a passion for delivering an extraordinary customer service experience while working in a fast paced and friendly environment? If the thought of helping people make healthy choices in one of the fastest growing retailers is up your alley – then we need YOU to join our winning team at Sprouts Farmers Market as a Produce Manager!
Overview of Responsibilities
As the Produce Manager, you are fully responsible for ensuring the produce department provides the highest quality product and delivers the highest level of service to our customers. Produce Managers must ensure we remain focused on creating an excellent experience for both our employees and customers. You are responsible for quality control, merchandising, maintaining the cleanliness and organization of the produce department, inventory management, addressing employee relations issues, monitoring labor costs, and hiring. The Produce Manager is responsible for working closely with the Store Manager, Assistant Store Managers, to ensure the success of the store and department through excellent customer service and a demonstrated passion for food.
To be a Produce Manager at Sprouts Farmers Market you must:
Be at least 18 years of age and have 1-3 years of experience working in a grocery retail setting with management experience in produce. A basic knowledge of math, weights and measures also required.
- Be dependable and reliable having the ability to work flexible schedule that changes; including night, weekends, and holidays
- Have and show an outgoing and friendly behavior; a positive attitude and have the ability to interact with our customers
- Have good communication skills; and the ability to take direction and participate in a team environment
- Perform general housekeeping in the department; clean and sanitize work area (including tables, floor, walls, cases, cooler, freezer, etc.).
- Adhere to all safety, health, and Weights and Measures regulations.
- Be able to perform the following: standing, walking, bending, climbing throughout the entire work day and the ability to lift, stack and maneuver heavy objects weighing up to 50 lbs., from 4” to 72”, for a distance up 3 feet for between 10-50 hours without mechanical assistance.
- Be able to use a pallet jack to move pallets a distance up to 20 feet, requiring a force of up to 85 pounds for up to 5 hours.
- Maneuver six wheel carts requiring a force up to 35 lbs., up to 2 hours, a distance up to 20 feet.
- Be able to walk a total up to 5 miles in an 8 hour shift should be expected.
- Achieve and maintain a Food Handlers permit
- Competitive pay
- Opportunities for career growth
- 15% discount for you and one other family member in your household on all purchases made at Sprouts
- Flexible schedules
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Eligibility requirements may apply for the following benefits:
- 401(K) Retirement savings plan with a generous company match
- Affordable benefit coverage, including medical, dental vision
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Accounts for healthcare and dependent care
- Company paid life insurance and short-term disability coverage
If you have a passion for inspiring people and a flair for fresh food, consider applying for a job at Sprouts! With a focus on customer service, our neighborhood grocery stores offer high-quality, farm fresh produce, natural meats, plenty of scoop-your-own bulk goods and much more in a fun, friendly, old-fashioned farmer’s market setting. Come grow your career in healthy living with a fast-paced, rapidly growing company and teams that pride themselves on empowering others along their journey.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by people assigned to this work. This is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and requirements. Sprouts’ management reserves the right to amend and change duties, responsibilities, and requirements to meet business and organizational needs as necessary.