Southwest Key Programs
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Regional IT Support Specialist
at Southwest Key Programs
- Job ID
- # Positions
- Information Technology
The Regional IT Field Support Specialist is primarily responsible for providing excellent customer service and support in a responsive, respectful manner to end users on a variety of computer and telecommunications issues. Installs and maintains computer hardware, software and peripherals. The position may require more work hours than the normal eight-hour workday.
- Monitors the Helpdesk ticket tracking system to respond to problems identified by users in a timely manner.
- Takes user requests over the telephone, e-mail and documents all issues in the Southwest Key Helpdesk ticket tracking system.
- Identifies, researches, resolves, or escalates technical problems.
- Troubleshoots, resolves or escalate hardware and software problems proactively or as identified by users.
- Installs, configures and maintains desktop, laptop hardware and software.
- Instructs users in the use of equipment and software.
- Identifies and resolves system security issues to include antivirus, spyware & system software updates.
- Supports and maintains voice communications systems.
- Provides support for audio-visual equipment.
- Provide assistance and support to IT department as needed.
- Able to react to change productively and handle other essential tasks as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Associates in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field preferred or equivalent work-related experience. Years of experience may substitute for degree.
- 2-3 years in information technology experience preferably in helpdesk support in a Windows enterprise Active Directory environment.
- One (1) year experience supporting Windows XP/Vista/7.
- Knowledge of Ethernet networks and TCP/IP settings.
- Experience supporting Microsoft Office 2007 or greater; network printing; corporate email. Preferred
- Experience in Helpdesk Support in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Experience supporting Exchange email environment.
- Experience with Microsoft MDT or Symantec Ghost
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) highly desirable
Must be able to read, write, and communicate both verbally and in written form to express and exchange ideas. While performing the responsibilities of this job, the employee must be able to access all components of work station and other office equipment. Frequent typing, writing, bending and twisting. Must be able to lift up to 10 pounds.
General office environment with moderate noise. This position is mostly sedentary, involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time. A busy environment with many unscheduled interruptions. Frequent computer use at workstation for extended periods of time. Public contact position requiring appropriate business apparel.