Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Food Operations Manager 2
- System ID
- Food Service
- Employment Status
Sodexo is seeking a Food Operations Manager for Del Sol Medical Center located in El Paso, Texas.
Is this opportunity right for you?
At Sodexo, you will find the ingredients for a great career in food service management. With benefits including schedules that encourage work-life balance and continuing education opportunities, you’ll enjoy an improved quality of life that’s unique in the hospitality industry.
Are you the experienced food service manager we’re seeking?
We are looking for candidates who will manage:
- Manages /leads up to 43, hospital, union employees.
- Oversees day to day retail food service operations, catering and Doctor’s dining lounge at this account.
- Drives retail revenue results through bringing innovation, creativity and strong marketing skills to this outstanding account.
- Delivers high quality food services and food presentation.
- Accountable for providing a high level of customer service and achieving the highest level of customer satisfaction.
- Ensures accurate financial results.
- Controls food and labor cost budget items.
- Vendor and account management, invoicing, purchasing and reporting and inventory management.
- Compliance with Sodexo and Hospital policy and procedures and works to maintain those standards.
- Compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards at all levels.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a work history demonstrating strong leadership skills, as well as previous supervisory experience and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Strong overall operational understanding and experience of food service in a retail setting.
- Previous marketing experience in a retail environment and ability to drive retail revenue through creative and innovative measures.
- Strong understanding of forecasting, food cost management, purchasing, inventory and labor management concepts.
- Knowledgeable in compliance to food safety (HACCP), sanitation and overall workplace safety standards.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, demonstrate professional communication skills, and a passion for a high level of customer service.
- Can demonstrate the ability to prioritize tasks and exhibit flexibility to take on additional responsibilities as needed
- Can demonstrate working knowledge of Sodexo Food Management Systems (FMS) and Market Connections (MSC), and is proficient in computer skills and report management experience.
- Experience in working in a union environment.
- Seeking bilingual candidates; the ability to speak Spanish language will assist in managing this workforce.
Are you ready to start your Sodexo career? Apply now!
Provides leadership and supervision for the on-site food service exempt and non-exempt level staff in the delivery of our contractual agreement with the client. Provides supervision for food services at account/unit to ensure client satisfaction and retention for the company. Implements business practices in order to uphold company mission, values and commitments made in the Sodexo client contractual agreement.
- Establishes a safe work environment
- Utilizes Sodexo tools and programs to develop client, customer, and staff relationships, to ensure account retention
- Implements and fully utilizes all Sodexo tools and programs to ensure financial outcomes
- Directs daily operations of food service to ensure employees have appropriate equipment, inventory and resources, ensures operating standards and regulatory requirements are met
- Develops and implements plans, projects, with defined objectives, methods, timetables and budget to support client and Sodexo strategic plan
- Ensures adherence to all HR standards for Sodexo, client, and regulatory agencies
Qualifications & Requirements
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in food or culinary services including restaurants, fast food, vending, catering services, institutional services, mall food courts, etc.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.