Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Rimkus Consulting Group, Inc.
- # of Openings
- Fire Consultants
We are currently seeking a Fire Investigator to join our team of forensic experts whose principle duties will consist of determining the origin and cause of fires involving a myriad of incidents including residential, commercial structure, vehicle, and marine fires.
Have you taken something apart just to understand how it functions? Are you passionate about finding the answer to “Why” things happen? Are you tired of the mundane office/cubical exertion, and prefer to get out in the field putting your skills to use? Come grow with an Industry Leader in Forensic Engineering with a solid reputation, passionate team and endless opportunities; that’s Rimkus Consulting Group.
- Gathering photographic and physical evidence.
- Collaborate in multi-disciplinary groups consisting of Electrical/Structural/Mechanical Engineers.
- Conducting investigations to document onsite conditions, and overseeing field- testing.
- This includes scene photography, interviewing witnesses, and evidence/data gathering.
- Prepare oral and written reports that document causes of fire or explosion incident.
- Preparing and giving depositions and expert testimony.
- Associates Degree in Fire Science and/or 10+ years’ of related experience (fire investigator, firefighter, Law enforcement experience) is required.
- Knowledge of fire ground procedures, including fire investigative duties, serving in the capacity of fire fighter, law enforcement specializing in fire origin and cause.
- Experience in fire and explosion investigation and analysis field is a MUST.
- Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Word is required.
- CFI-IAAI required (and/or to be completed in 6 months of employment based on approval).
- Must have current IAAI or comparable transcript identifying education meeting with industry standards NFPA 921 & 1033.
- Have current certifications and course related work as it relates to fire origin and cause.
- Possess strong technical knowledge and understanding processing investigative fire scenes (including but not limited to processing fire scenes, photograph documentation, collection and transporting evidence and related duties as assigned.